Geology is a branch of applied science, that dealing with the study of the evolution and origin of the structure of our planet. Geologists study the physical properties of the Earth to know its history, predict man-made/natural disasters, find out about previous and current climate patterns, and search renewable and non-renewable resources. Geological results are applied to the fields of resource mapping, remote sensing, computer simulations, and reprocessing technology.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII in Science Stream.
- Graduation – Pursue B.Sc. Geology or Pursue Integrated graduation and post-graduation courses M.Sc. Geophysics/ Applied Geology/ M.Tech. Geology.
- After Graduation – Pursue M.Sc. Geology/ Applied Geology/ M.Tech Geophysics.
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Sc. in Geology, Earth science, Environmental science
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Geology
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Geology, Earth science, Environmental science
- Sc. in Geology, Applied Geology
- Master of Science (Hons.) in Geology
- D. in Geology
Who can hire?
The groundwater industry, thegas, oil and petroleum sector, construction companies, environmental consultancies and civil engineering sector.
Geologists study and prepare maps of the Earth and study geological data to know how previous changes on Earth may affect its future. Their work involves collecting soil and water samples in the field, examining fossil data in research laboratory and preparing scientific reports in offices. Numerous career paths are available to geologists, and career views vary among different sectors. Some geologists choose an area of focus, such as volcanology, mineralogy, oceanography or hydrology.