Musician or Singer
Musicians compose music and play various musical instruments. A musician can be a composer, singer, lyricist while Singers on the other hand gives voice to the lyrics. Both singers and musicians perform in a live performance (concerts) or in the recordings for films, theatre, etc.
Music teachers has an adequate knowledge in the field of music. He/she teachers students how to play various intruments as well as gives singing lessons. Music teachers must have a bachelor’s degree in music education.
Musical Director or Composer
Musical directors selects and plans music for groups such as orchestras, bands, or choirs during live group performances. A music composer creates composition for movies, albums, etc as per the vision communicated by the music director.
An Arranger works closely with the writer. He does the creative mixing and aims at bringing out what the writer was trying to convey when he wrote the composition
A lyricist gives words to the music composed.
Music Editor makes sure that the music is in tempo with the scenes and enchances the feel of the video being watched.
Using many methods, from singing and composing to rhythmic movement or playing instruments,music therapists incorporate melody and rhythm into their patients’ treatment.
Working as a freelancer is the latest trend in Musician Industry. Freelancers don’t work for a particular company and aren’t bounded by any contracts of any recording studio or production house.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue Bachleors in Music (Hons.)/ any Discipline for 3 years||–||–|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue Diploma in Music for 1-2 years||–||–|
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Compose music for recording in a studio or perform in front of live audience
- Practice and rehearse regularly to maintain the melody in the voice
- Gain expertise in different genres of music as well as in playing instrument(s)
- Promote one’s music through internet or by performing at different venues
- Work as a single or in a band, chorus or orchestra
- Guide the upcoming talents with one’s own knowledge and experience
- Produce music for the film industry
- Be self-confident and highly motivated to overcome the struggling period