They work with individual as well as groups to help them achieve their fitness goals. They use combination of various exercise such as aerobics, weightlifting, karate, spin cycling, kickboxing, yoga, etc. They are specialized in one form, and they work in big hotels, gyms, health clubs, spas, fitness centres, cruise liners, tourist resorts etc.
Personal trainers train and work with individuals on one-to-one basis. They generally work at gym, though some clients might prefer training at their place. The workout is specifically tailored to suit the specific health and fitness requirements of the client.
They generally conduct group sessions that involve aerobics, muscle conditioning and stretching exercises. These classes are conducted in a gym, club or at your own studio.
Sports instructor coach and train professional and non-professional athletes on a one-to-one basis or in a group in an academy. They instruct, organize, train and lead athletes specialized in outdoor and indoor sports. Their job also includes monitoring their progress, and instructing them to follow the right diet. They also provide them self-defense training such as karate, judo or taekwondo.
Yoga and Naturopathy expert
Yoga and naturopathy experts are trained in yoga techniques and they work in yoga/fitness institutes. Now a days hospitals also employ them as consultants or instructors.
Fitness instructors after completing their post-graduation/ higher education are eligible for teaching jobs in various colleges and educational institutions.
Clinical exercise specialist
They work with patients, and assists them to recover from injuries and physical ailments. They generally work in hospitals and rehabilitation centers, and Ngo’s.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in any Stream (Sports participation is recommended)||Pursue B.P.E or B.P.Ed integrated course 1-3 years||Pursue certificate courses in fitness||–|
|Clear Class XII in any stream (Sports participation is recommended)||Pursue Graduation in field of human anatomy -health education/sports etc.||Pursue M.Ph.Ed. for 2 years||–|
|Clear Class XII in any stream (Sports participation is recommended)||Pursue B.P.E or B.P.Ed integrated course for 3-4 years||M.P.Ed. for 1-2 years||–|
- Sports players or interest in sports is given preference
- Must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 45%-55% marks
- The minimum age limit is 17 years
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Help the clients to develop a fitness regime which is best suited for them
- Understand the body structure and functioning of the client to ensure right workout plan
- Maintain the fitness of the clients
- Make use of different techniques such as workout machines, tools or postures
- Demonstrate exercises and the correct way to carry them out
- Monitor the clients to avoid accidents and injuries
- Work with different organisations such as schools, hospitals, gyms etc.
- Promote fitness and good physique techniques