It is the study of genetic, heredity and genes variations in living being. The field goals to understand the function and process of trait inheritance, comprising topics such as gene behaviour, gene distribution, and molecular structure of genes. Experts in the field are involved with the study of the genetic causes behind many genetic anomalies, genetic variations and hereditary conditions of living organisms.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology
- Graduation – Pursue B.Sc. (Hons) in Genetics or B.Sc. (Hons) Biological Sciences or B.Sc. (Hons) Life Sciences or Pursue B.Tech. Genetic Engineering.
- After Graduation – Pursue M.Sc. Genetics or M.Sc. Bio-sciences or Pursue M.Tech. Genetic Engineering.
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics (B.Sc. (Genetics))
- Sc. in Genetics, Chemistry & Microbiology
- Master of Philosophy in Genetics (M.Phil.(Genetics))
- Sc. in Genetics
- Sc. in Applied Genetics
- Sc. in Biomedical Genetics
- Sc. in Human Genetics
- Sc. in Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Human Genetics
Who can hire?
Military, Hospitals, DNA Forensics Department, Consultancies, Universities, Agricultural Firms, Pharmaceutical Industry & Suppliers, Animal Breeding Industry and Research Institutes.
Good Geneticists have an interest & passion related to the genetic basis of disease and health. If you want to be popular at the job, you must have a patience, perseverance & good communication skills. Those learners in interested to make their career in genetics, should take mathematics and science as possible in the school and college.