Fishery Science is a field concerned with the study, management and understanding of fisheries. Fishery science is quickly growing in India, with the increasing demands on the fishing industry. Experts in this field also goal to develop sustainable solutions to stop disease, and preserve fish populations. Career opportunities in this field are available in private and government organizations, consulting, business, fisheries, environmental law, etc.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology
- Graduation – Pursue Bachelors in Fishery Sciences (B.F.Sc.) or Pursue B.Sc. (Hons) in Aquaculture or B.Sc. Life Science or Pursue Bachelors in Fishery Sciences (B.F.Sc.) for 4 years/ Pursue B.Sc. (Hons) in Aquaculture.
- After Graduation – Pursue Master’s in Fishery Sciences (M.F.Sc.) or Pursue MBA or Pursue PG Diploma in Fishery Sciences.
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc)
- Bachelor of Science (Industrial Fish and Fisheries)
- Sc. (Fisheries)
- Sc. (Aquaculture)
- Masters of fisheries science (M.F.Sc)
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.)
Who can hire?
Food Department, Fisheries Development Board, Banks, Fish Breeding Farms and Food Processing and Technology.
Worthwhile job opportunities are available for fisheries graduates. When you completed degree in B.F.Sc, then you can apply for the post for Research Assistant, Instructor, Technicians, Biochemist, Biologist, etc.
As well, you can apply in the department of fisheries for the post of Research Assistants/Inspector of Fisheries, Assistant Directors, Sub-Inspector of Fisheries, Fisheries Extension Officer/Assistant Fisheries Development Officer and Fisheries Development Officer.
You will also get the chance to work in a foreign country where you can do business in the field of fish processing import and export, aquaculture.