Travel consultants are the first point of contact to gather information about any destination. They assist in booking aspects of travelling and also guide people for making budgets, keeping in mind their personal requirements
Tour managers accompanies the clients or the group who have come for the tour. They should be backed up with all the important information about the region. They make sure the clients experience is comfortable and hassle free.
Tourism officers or destination managers help in generating economic benefits for the region they work by promoting the region’s tourism and attracting tourists.
Travel agency managers
Travel agency managers manage staff and sales. They are concerned with the retail outlets, they promote and sell travel related packages and products.
Incentive travel specialists
Incentive travel specialists are specialized kind of travel agents who, along with corporate clients plan vacations as an incentive or reward for deserving employees and customers.
Outdoor adventure guides
Outdoor adventure guides cater to specific adventure enthusiasts, sport enthusiasts, and other tourists who prefer outdoors. They could either work independently or in collaboration with tourism companies or camps.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue B.A. Tourism Administration BBA- Tourismfor 3 years||Pursue MBA/M.A/PGDM for 6 months to 2 years||–|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue Diploma/Certificate course for 1-2 years||Pursue PGDM/Certificate course for 6+months to 1 year||–|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue courses abroad for 6+months||Pursue courses abroad for 6+months to 1 year||–|
- Certificate courses and Bachelor degrees require 10+2
- Master’s degree requires graduation with minimum 50%
- Most colleges have entrance tests.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Specialise in different types of tours such as tours to museums, corporate houses and industries, historical places, theme parks, amusement parks, etc.
- Be aware of attractive places, historical moments, right information and specialities of different areas
- Efficient communication skills for an effective conversation with the tourists
- Prepare itineraries for the tourists on the basis of their schedule
- Provide help and guidance regarding transportation, food, restaurants, hotels, shopping areas, etc.
- Prepare travel packages for out station tours
- Have awareness of basic safety measures to deal with emergent situations
- Be a warm hearted, lively, confident and a welcoming personality