Garment and textile export houses
They design, draw and make apparel, including accessories like jewelry and footwear that appeal to the buyers and meet their specific design requirements.
Textile and fabric manufacturing units
Textile apparel designer in textile and fabric manufacturing units, design, make specifications and then oversee manufacturing of fabrics that meet the needs of the client.
Branded fashion showrooms
Textile apparel designers often design collections based on the requirements of high end fashion stores. These collections are then put across the stores, ready for sale.
Television and Film Industry
The celebrity textile apparel designers design costumes and apparels to be donned by the who’s who of the film and television industry. They consider the plot of the movies and complexities of the characters.
Textile apparel designers also work as personal stylists for celebrities and for mega events.
Textile apparel designers design apparel to be displayed across designer boutiques.
They tie up with retail chains to make customer pleasing garments that are put at all locations of the retail brand.
Textile apparel designers work extensively on drapes, knits, hems and patterns. Designers specializing in knit wears strive to include innovation in winter wear, creating knit patterns that are aesthetically pleasing.
Textile apparel designers work in the industry as color specialists, who pay extreme attention to differentiation of colors, and dyes used in designing.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B. Des. (Textile design) for 3- 4 years||Pursue M.A. Des. (Textile design) for 2 years||–|
|Pass Class XII in Science Stream||Pursue B.Tech. in Textile Designing||Pursue Advanced Diploma in Textile Designing/ PG Diploma in Apparel Design|
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Develop printed, knitted and woven fabrics using traditional and computer technology
- Develop and plan the appearance and structure of natural and man-made fibers according to their ultimate use
- Be up to date with latest and developing trends in clothing and fabric and technologies in textile designing
- Coordinate with clients, staff members and other network partners to plan and create designs
- Develop innovative sample designs for clients
- Visiting places and other sources of ideas for design
- Obtain fabrics and other materials from different sources