Branded fashion houses
Fashion technologists accumulate their design and technical aptitude to consult on problems faced by branded fashion houses. They constantly evaluate and tend to innovate processes and mechanisms in the design and manufacture of products.
Event management companies
Fashion technologists work in event management companies to assess the specific demand of people engrossed in the vents industry. They consult on various issues that plague the industry, such as changing clothes during performances etc.
Fashion technologists find place in fashion magazines as writers and journalists, editors and photographers. Their attention to detail and technical acumen in fashion comes in handy for analysis.
Television and Film Industry
Fashion technologists work in film and television industry to understand trends and innovate processes of garment design and production in the industry. Some also specialize in custom and luxury designs, suitable for actors and actresses.
Fashion technologists work in boutiques to evaluate and innovate processes of designing and innovation in design and production.
Fashion technologists work in the retail sector, to analyses trends and do market research to understand the taste, preferences and needs of the customers for their design requirements
Teaching in an institute that offers courses in fashion technology
Experienced fashion technologists may join as faculty members in institutes that offer courses in this field, so that they can share their expertise and knowledge with the budding fashion technologists, in order to train them better.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Pass Class XII in Science Stream||Pursue B.FTech. for 4 years||Pursue M.Tech. in fashion technology. for 2 years||–|
|Pass Class XII in Science Stream||Pursue B.sc in Fashion technology||Pursue Advanced Diploma in Fashion Technology||–|
|Pass Class XII in Science Stream||Pursue B.FTech. for 4 years||Pursue Advanced Diploma in Fashion Technology||–|
- Practical, industrial experience is a must. This can be achieved via internships or upon getting a job.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Collecting and examining samples of different fabrics or clothes and other materials
- Identifying the latest trends, development and innovations in fabrics and clothing
- Examining clothes to ensure the quality and standard through various tests
- Meeting and consulting clients, designers and dealers to adapt designs to suit production methods
- Manufacturing clothes as per the requirement or desire of the clients or dealers
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies and trends in the fashion world
- Developing innovative styles and trends
- Discussing and sharing technological understanding of fabrics and material with other technologists