Garment and textile export houses
Fashion designers in garment and textile export houses design and make apparel, including accessories like jewelry and footwear that appeal the buyers and meet their specific design requirements.
Textile and fabric manufacturing units
Fashion designers in textile and fabric manufacturing units design, make specifications and then oversee manufacturing of fabrics that meet the needs of the client.
Branded fashion showrooms
Fashion designers often design collections based on the requirements of high end fashion stores. These collections are then put across the stores, ready for sale.
Television and Film Industry
Celebrated fashion designer design costumes and apparel to be donned by the who’s who of the film and television industry. They often consider the plot of the movies and complexities of the characters in doing so.
Fashion designers design apparel to be displayed across designer boutiques.
Fashion Designers often tie up with retail chains to make customer pleasing garments that are put at all locations of the retail brand.
Independent, self-employed fashion designers
Fashion designers open their own stores/boutique studios where they design apparel based on the needs and the taste of their customers.
Teaching in an institute that offers courses in fashion designing
Experienced fashion designers may join as faculty members in institutes that offer courses in this field so that they can share their expertise and knowledge with the budding fashion designers in order to train them better.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B.Sc. Fashion Designing/ B. Des. Fashion Design for 3- 4 years||Pursue M.A. Des. In Fashion Design/ M. Des. in Fashion Design for 2 years||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B.Sc. Fashion Designing/ B. Des. Fashion Design for 3- 4 years||Pursue PG-Diploma in Fashion Designing||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B.Sc. Fashion Designing/ B. Des. Fashion Design for 3- 4 years||Study Abroad and Pursue M.A. Des. in Fashion Design/ M. Des. in Fashion Design for 1-2 years||–|
- Practical, industrial experience is a must. This can be achieved via internships or upon getting a job
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]Fashion designer works in the area incorporating designing of clothing and fashion wear. Their job Various, from designing concept to final production of outfits.
Skills combined with a personal vision is what marks out the best designers.
A fashion designer normally finds himself performing the following actions:
- Visualising /creating an idea and producing a design by hand or through computer-aided design
- Planning and developing wardrobe
- Be up to date on emerging fashion trends along with general trends concerned with colour, fabrics and shapes
- Understanding designing from a technical outlook
- Coordinating closely with sales, buying and production teams to ensure the item suits the market and price
- Source, select and buy fabrics
- Supervising production of garments
- Adapting prevailing designs for bulk production
- Negotiating with customers and suppliers