This branch deals with pilots, be it fighter pilots, transport pilots or helicopter pilots. They work not just during wartime, but during peace as well. These are the ones who are involved in raiding enemy bunkers, troops, air force stations, artillery sites, do surveillance, provide support to the infantry, help in disaster relief programs.
This branch of Indian Air Force handles the technical and mechanical needs and requirements of the Air Force, which are an important asset of the nation. From maintenance to performing to replacing the faulty parts as well as giving suggestions and designing efficient machines also comes under this section of the Air Force.
Ground Duty Branch
This is the branch of the Air Force, which looks into the logistics, administration, accounting, education as well as meteorology departments. They are the ones who manage human as well as financial resources allotted to the Air Force. One can work as an internal auditor, fighter controller, air traffic controller, handling the latest satellite imagery, supervision of inventories, etc.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pass the National Defense Academy (NDA) Exam to join the Indian Air Force||–||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pursue graduation in Any Discipline (Open to pre-final year students if they have the required Certificate)||Pass the CDS/AFCAT Exam and UPSC Eligible to join through NCC Special Scheme Entry provided you have “C” Certificate||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pursue graduation in B.Tech/BE for 4 years||Give the EKT Exam to get enrolled into Indian Air force||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pursue graduation in B.Tech/ BE for 4 years and apply in Pre – Final Year||Give the UES Exam to get enrolled in Indian Airforce||–|
- One can appear for CDS while in final year of graduation as well.
- Most of these exams are conducted twice a year.
- Not all these exams are open for females.
- For NDA age range is 16.5 years to 19 years.
- NDA is open only to male unmarried candidates.
- One needs to be a citizen of India or Nepal/Bhutan/Tibet refugee to apply.
- Age range for entrances after graduation is 20-26 years.
- Minimum 60% aggregate in graduation is needed.
- Apart from educational criteria, physical as well as medical standards as set by Indian Air Force should also be met to be eligible.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Fly combat or fighter planes carrying ammunition and missiles
- Transport pilots fly planes which carry men and materials
- Provide air support to a moving army, or for para-dropping men and supplies
- Fly along with the pilot and guide the aircraft by using the latest avionic equipment
- Ensure proper maintenance of aircrafts and handle the electronic and communication equipment
- Deliver logistical, meteorological, educational and administrative support to the flying and technical branches
- Provide control and advisory services to enable the pilot to conduct flights in total safety
- Monitor the skies for any potential threat and select the appropriate air defense system
- Be Responsible for provisioning the aircraft with spares, fuel, armaments, etc