Computer science engineering is concerned with designing elements that help computers to operate efficiently. They may develop computer chips, create software programme that helps computer systems run or design software applications.
Information Technology (IT) is an engineering discipline with focus on utilization of computers and telecommunication systems to control, gather, store and circulate information.[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WHAT ALL CAN I DO?” header_color=”#e88f1b”][/td_block_text_with_title]
Software developers are concerned with facets of the software development process such as design and coding, computer programming and project management.
Hardware Engineers research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
System Designers are involved in system designing, logical & physical designing, including structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
System Analysts research about the existing problems in systems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend solutions to software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Maths||Pursue B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering / Software Engineering / IT Engineering for 4 years||Pursue M.Tech for 2-3 years||Pursue Ph.D for 2-3 years|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Maths||Pursue B.Tech + M.Tech (Dual Degree) for 5 years||–||Pursue Ph.D for 2-3 years|
- Most colleges have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%.
- Must have passed class 12thor senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Design, build, test, and implement hardware and software applications for computer networks.
- Work in research, design, development, testing, and supervision of all aspects of the manufacturing and installing of computer hardware
- Advise clients on the right hardware and software for their needs
- Provide guidelines regarding system capabilities, user interface, security measures, and other applicable information
- Evaluate current systems for effectiveness, make recommendations regarding the scalability of such systems, and troubleshoot any problems that arise during the use of the system.
- Review company’s security requirements, its use of online applications, and recommend the security measures.
- Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities.