Civil Engineers in this field create structural elements of design for bridges, skyscrapers, ports and airports etc. They also design and assess major projects, such as buildings, bridges, or dams, to ensure their strength and durability.
Civil Engineers in this field work exclusively with rock and soil that support the structures and make sure that the foundations are solid. They focus on how structures built by civil engineers, such as buildings and tunnels, interact with the earth (including soil and rock). In addition, they design and plan for slopes, retaining walls, and tunnels.
Civil Engineers in this field design systems and structures for treatment of chemical, biological and thermal wastes.
Civil Engineers in this field deal with the inspection of existing and development of new materials which can be used for construction projects.
Civil Engineers in this field ensure that the structures built, are looked after properly and all the necessary repairs and renovations take place.
Water resource engineering
Civil Engineers in this field focus on collection, storage and management of water.
Civil Engineers specializing in this field create buildings and other structures that can withstand the stresses of earthquakes without falling.
Civil Engineers specializing in this field manage the coastal areas, including marshlands. They create defenses against flooding and erosion.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Maths||Pursue B.Tech in Civil Engineering for 4 years||Pursue M.Tech for 2-3 years||Pursue Ph.D for 2-3 years|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Maths||Pursue B.Tech + M.Tech (Dual Degree)in Civil Engineering for 5 years||–||Pursue Ph.D for 2-3 years|
- Most colleges have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII and some of minimum 60%.
- Must have passed class 12thor senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- Some exams require JEE score as minimum eligibility
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Create graphical representations of civil structures
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure compliance with design specifications and safety standards
- Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, or structural repairs
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labour cost to determine project feasibility
- Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards and other factors in planning stages and carry out risk analysis
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Present findings to public on topics such as bid proposals or environmental impact reports