Nuclear Medicine Technologist
They are a type of radiology technician that performs imaging tests using special scanners and cameras, along with compounded radioactive substances called radiopharmaceuticals. They assist physicians in diagnosing and treating disease in patients.
It is an advanced radiologic imaging technique that utilizes low-energy X-rays to produce images of breast tissue for screening and diagnostic purposes. Mammographer play a very important role in early detection of breast cancer and finding other breast abnormalities.
A CT scan technologist, specialize in the particular modality of computed tomography (CT). It utilizes computer processed X-rays to produce three-dimensional images of different areas of the body such as the head, or abdomen.
An MRI technician or technologist is a category of radiology technician that specializes in the modality of magnetic resonance imaging. MRI helps physicians diagnose abnormalities in patients using a powerful magnetic field. It produces detailed images of organs, soft tissue, and bones.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue B.Sc. Radiology for 3 years||Pursue M.sc Radiotherapy / Radio-diagnosis for 2-3 years||Pursue Ph.D. for 4-5 years|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue B.Sc. Radiology for 3 years||Pursue Diploma/PG Diploma in Radiotherapy / Radio-diagnosis for 2 years||–|
- Most college have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%.
- Must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit (17 at 31st December of the year of admission).
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Diagnose and treat patients through medical imaging techniques
- Create images using CT scans, MRI, X-rays, ultrasounds, etc.
- Be aware of the body parts that are to be evaluated
- Monitor the safety measure before and during the imaging
- Be able to interpret the reports correctly
- Brief and console the patient about the procedure
- Communicate with the patient with empathy and care
- Organise the accounts and reports of the patients in a proper manner
- Remain well versed with different machines and their technology
- Perform duties in line with the ethical standards