Treatment research (also called “clinical trials”) generally involves an intervention such as medication, psychotherapy, new devices, or new approaches to surgery or radiation therapy.
Prevention research looks for better ways to prevent disorders from developing or returning. Different kinds of prevention research may study medicines, vitamins, vaccines, minerals, or lifestyle changes.
This refers to the practice of looking for better ways to identify a particular disorder or condition.
Screening research aims to find the best ways to detect certain disorders or health conditions.
Quality of life
Also known as “supportive care,” this research explores ways to improve comfort and the quality of life for individuals with a chronic illness.
Genetic studies aim to improve the prediction of disorders by identifying and understanding how genes and illnesses may be related. Research in this area may explore ways in which a person’s genes make him or her more or less likely to develop a disorder. This may lead to development of tailor-made treatments based on the patient’s genetic make-up
Epidemiological studies seek to identify the patterns, causes, and control of disorders in groups of people.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue B.Sc. in Clinical Research for 3 years/MBBS/BDS/B.Pharm etc.||Pursue M.Sc. in Clinical Research for 2 years||Pursue Ph.D. in Clinical Research for 3-5 years|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue B.tech or B.sc/M.sc in Life sciences||Pursue Post Graduation Diploma in Clinical Research for 1-2 years||–|
- Most college have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%.
- Must have passed class 12thor senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit (17 at 31st December of the year of admission).
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Conduct research to test various drugs and their uses
- Develop a strategy about the possible course of action, objectives, subjects and the procedures
- Outline the finances and chalk out a budget through fiscal accounting
- Discuss and review the results with medical professionals
- Formally prepare the reports which include all the details of the research work
- Use the results drawn in formulating appropriate policies
- Take care of the safety and other ethical concerns while experimenting with the subjects