[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WHAT ALL CAN I DO?” header_color=”#e88f1b”][/td_block_text_with_title]
Child welfare social workers
Child welfare social workers work with children who have been neglected, abandoned or abused. They may specialize in one field within child welfare as well, such as adoption. The main aim of their job is to protect the child. They could be working individually or be employed by schools or NGOs. Individuals should be well versed with the laws pertaining to children in order
Public social worker
The focus of public social worker is on the general wellbeing, development and health of the community members and the community in general. Their work starts with assessing the community and its’ needs, then understanding those problems and finally finding appropriate plans to address those problems. This could involve addressing issues within the community, seeking help for the same or working on policies that would benefit the community and the effective implementation of these policies
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility is an area where professionals with a background in social work are appointed to work in the corporate sector. In this department of the company, social workers are actively being hired to guide and assist the company in making CSR related decisions.
Substance abuse social workers
Substance abuse social workers work with the target population of individuals who have certain addictions which are interfering with their daily functioning and social life. These specialized social workers assess the problems of substance abusers and assist them in their path to overcome the addiction and make a full recovery by providing support and devising treatment plans best suited to the individual.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Any Stream||Pursue Bachelors in any stream||Pursue M.S.W for 2 years||Ph.D for 3-5 years|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue Bachelors in Social Work for 3 years||Pursue M.S.W for 2 years||Ph.D for 3-5 years|
- Must have passed class 12thor senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Work with people to support them through difficult times and ensure that vulnerable people are safeguarded from any harm
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with people acting as advocates & guides for them
- Assess clients’ needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals
- Organize and manage packages of support to enable people to lead fullest lives as far as possible
- Recommend and make decisions about the best course of action for a particular person or family
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams and meetings regarding child protection, mental health, etc.
- Develop plans to improve clients’ well-being
- Help clients to adjust to changes and challenges in their lives, such as illness, divorce, or unemployment
- Respond to emergent situations, such as natural disasters