Sales people employed by pharmaceutical companies informs doctors about the drugs avaialable in their company and pursue them to use their companies medicine. Their work is to generate sale revenue by providing right product to the right doctors.
A salesperson in the automobile industry work with the manufacturers who deals with cars, commercial vehicles and other product related to automobile industry. Their task involves understanding the customer needs and specific requirements and guide them towards the most appropriate product.
Retail industry where same or similar products are offered to the customers, a good sales person can make all the difference. A success or failure of a product is dependent on how well prepared a sales person is, and can gain maximum benefit from the product featured.
People who pursue careers in retail are required to engage with the customers and explain the benefit of the merchandise in order to help them make an informed decision. Their objective is to improve sales figures and boost revenue.
Information Technology Industry
This industry is particularly suitable for people with a background of IT. Sales professionals in this industry liaison with technical and purchasing staff to understand clients IT related requirements.
Finance & Banking Industry
Sales professionals in this sector would be selling a range of products such as pensions, life insurance, mortgages and saving schemes, as either an independent financial advisor or as a representative of a financial institution.
Real State Industry
They are engaged in work such as like renting, buying, or selling property for clients. Perform duties such as interviewing prospective clients, studying property listings, accompanying clients to property site, discussing conditions of sale, and drawing up real estate contracts.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in any Stream (Maths is prefered)||Pursue Graduation in any Discipline for 3-4 years||MBA (Specialization in Sales and Marketing, optional||–|
|Clear Class XII in any Stream (Maths is prefered)||Pursue Graduation in any Discipline for 3-4 years||Diploma in Sales and Marketing||–|
|Clear Class XII in any Stream (Maths is prefered)||Pursue Graduation in any Discipline for 3-4 years||Pursue Post-Gradute Diploma for 2 years||–|
- Premier colleges have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Pitch for products and offerings of a company to customers
- Travel extensively to meet and interact with customers
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process dictated by the prospective customer
- Recommend changes in products, services, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve customers complaints by investigating into problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending to educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and closing sales