VJs should have an in-depth knowledge about the latest trends in music. Along with introducing music video on Television, they also give some background information about the music being played. They bridge the gap between the audience and musician. Some of them specialize in a particular area or genre of music.
A Radio Jockey (or RJ) similar to video jockeys entertains listeners through the medium of radio. Each have their own style. It is a medium where there is no face to face interaction therefore it is important for Radio jockeys to engage audience by being witty, spontaneous and creative. They usually write their own scripts. RJ’s may have odd hours of duty.
A Disc Jockey is someone who plays recorded song. The making of a Club Disc Jockey requires the knowledge of the mood of the intended audience, the performance setting, the preferred medium, and the development of sound manipulation.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Any stream||Pursue Bachelors in Journalism/Mass Communication /BA Hons.(English/Mass Communication) for 3 years||Pursue Diploma in Radio Jockey||–|
|Clear Class XII in Any stream||Pursue Diploma or Certification in Radio/Video Jockeying / Anchoring Training/Radio Management for 1-2 years||–||–|
- Video Jockeying/Radio Jockeying isn’t a degree specific course.
- A Bachelor’s Degree Holder (especially in Mass Communication or Journalism) is considered good enough to work as VJ/RJ.
People who wish to get into the field of RJ/VJ, right after schooling can go for a short term/diploma course to hone their skills and work as a VJ/RJ.
- For short term courses in VJ, a minimum qualification is 10th standard Clear diction, pronunciation, flare and fluency in the language, pleasing personality, good sense of Humor, creative bent of mind and spontaneity are desired.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Engage in one/two sided conversation with people
- Present latest music and related information via radio or video
- Indulge in making important announcements or in anchoring various shows
- Organise the content through writing of the scripts
- Be talkative, lively, fluent, tactful and captivating to the audience
- Operate different software programmes and equipments
- Work on feedback given by seniors and the audience