Mathematics professionals can be employed by MNCs and private organizations to apply their mathematical knowledge in several roles. They can work in data analysis, project development, reserch operations, numerical analysis and commercial surveys for share markets, etc. Banking, insurance, and finance sectors are some of the leading recruiters.
Mathematicians are also hired in government organizations and PSUs for roles such as research operations, commercial surveys and numerical analysis.
A prime avenue for mathematics graduates is the education sector. They can work as full-time or guest lecturers at universities and colleges. They may also teach in schools to higher secondary class students.
Mathematicians are also actively employed in defence research organizations, such as the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), as well as other military and para-military organizations, to help in the development of a wide range of weapons, missiles, nuclear stations,etc
A large number of mathematicians end up in research roles. The indispensability of mathematics demands the employment of mathematicians in various research organizations to solve complex problems. They are even engaged by aeronautical research agencies such as Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and National Aeronautic Limited (NAL).
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science stream with Maths||Pursue B. A./B. Sc in Mathematics for 3 years||Pursue M. A./ M. Sc/MS in Mathematics for 2 years||Pursure Ph.D for 3-5 years.|
|Clear Class XII in Science stream with Maths||Pursue B.E. / B.Tech. in Mathematics/ B.Math for 4 years||Pursue M. A./ M. Sc in Mathematics for 2 years||Pursure Ph.D for 3-5 years.|
|Clear Class XII in Science stream with Maths||Pursue Integrated Program in M.Sc. Mathematics for 5 years||–||Pursure Ph.D for 3-5 years.|
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Using professional mathematical software in order to create programmes to carry out mathematical tasks
- Staying abreast of the new mathematical advancement and developing innovative mathematical study
- Creating innovative principles and mathematical principles to improve mathematical study
- Creating customized solutions to business matters using advanced and subsist techniques as well as recommending innovative ways to evaluate data.
- Sharing the results of new research through writing reports on the work progress
- Learning and using new methods to find answers
- Finding more refined perceptions into existing data
- Requesting applications for financing
- Presenting outcome to senior members at seminars/conferences
- Get together with clients during the projects to share ideas and outcomes