Biology is a part of the natural sciences, which is involved with the study of living organisms. Biologists study the structure, function, distribution, growth, evolution and taxonomy of living organisms. It is a wide-ranging field that draws from many branches and disciplines. Their work helps create understanding and awareness of the natural world, and forms the source of many other disciplines like medicine, biotech and genetics.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology
- Graduation – Pursue B.Sc. (Hons) Biological Sciences or B.Sc. (Hons) in Life Sciences or B.Sc. (Hons) in Environmental Sciences or Bachelors in any other related fields.
- After Graduation – Pursue M.Sc. Bio-Sciences or M.Sc. in Life Sciences, Pursue Diploma/PG Diploma in Bio-Sciences or Life Sciences and Pursue M.Sc. Bio-Sciences or M.Sc. in Life Sciences
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Associate’s Degree in Biology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
- Master’s Degree in Biology
- D. in Biology
Who can hire?
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, Companies in the agriculture, food & natural resource, Environmental and engineering consulting firms, Healthcare and education institutions, Environmental consulting firms, Medical and veterinary research organizations
Graduates with a bachelor’s degree in biology have a rare option for development. Some go on to study dentistry or medicine at the graduate level. Others, who want to improve their careers in a specialized or research field, may consider master’s degree in biology.
Biologists have a choice of programs, reaching from the associate’s to the doctoral level. There are a mass of career opportunities for graduates of all types and each program will prepare students with a knowledge of biology through hands-on experience and classroom learning.