A certified stock broker can work with a brokerage firm such as Share khan or India bulls as their agent. The work involves contacting clients and managing their investments in stock market products. The benefit of working in a brokerage firm is that it provides more security and stableness than working individually.
A certified stock broker can also work as an independent agent. He/she has to find new clients herself/himself and thus needs more interpersonal as well domain knowledge than what would typically be required of an agent working with a firm. The positive and the negative side is that an independent agent can determine his/her own commission and thus lose or win big if he manages to invest in a profitable stock.
An Equity analyst is one who studies organizations’ metrics to determine risk and profitability of its stocks and other financial products. He/she can work independently, but most often are employed by large brokerage firms or even by business organizations.
A Bank broker does the same work as other brokers do that is to sell and buy shares and other financial products for clients albeit in a bank. The major difference though is that the agent doesn’t have to run around prospective customers rather bank provides a steady stream of customers who would themselves contact you.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Graduation in any stream preferably in finance related subjects||Short term/Long term course from NSE/BSE||–|
|Any Stream preferably statistics and math||Short term/Long term courses from NSE/BSE||Practice in a Brokerage firm, then apply for a license||–|
|Commerce/Science with Math’s||Graduation in any stream||PGDM/MBA in Capital Markets||–|
- As such, to practice as a stock broker does not entail specific eligibility criteria but it is advisable if students have math and statistics as their core subjects in senior secondary and graduation.
- Although courses from different institutes give you the required skill and knowledge set, yet a certification exam has to be passed before one can practice in stock trading.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Manage investments for individuals, companies or large organizations and review their investment portfolios
- Buy and sell stocks, shares and other financial products
- Carry out Research on the financial markets
- Keep clients informed about their investments and changes in the market by developing investment strategies
- Consult investment analysts
- Liaise with sales traders/clients on market movements
- Predict how markets will move and buy and sell accordingly
- Conduct exhaustive data analysis to analyze trends for decision making