Government/ Private Firms
With increasing cyber threats, government and private organizations are in search of Ethical Hackers who can help organizations protect themselves from threats or attacks in the cyber space. One can also work as a freelancer and work for multiple organizations.
Network Security Engineers
A Network Security Engineer is responsible for implementation, maintenance, and integration of corporate WAN, LAN and server architecture. They also look after implementation and administration of network security hardware and software and enforcing the network security policy.
Network Security Administrator
In addition to writing network security policies, the Security Administrator does frequent audits and ensures that security policies are up-to-date and are being followed. In addition, he/she takes corrective steps for breaches.
Security consultants assess existing IT systems and infrastructures for weaknesses and then develop and implement IT security solutions to prevent unauthorized access, data modification or data loss.
Penetration testers try to break into or find possible exploits in different computer systems and software. They generally run a number of tests, based around network penetration.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream with IT/Computer Science/ Similar||Pursue BSc in Computer Science/ BCA / Graduation in Any IT Related Discipline for 3-4 years||Pursue Certification Courses in Ethical Hacking (CEH, CCNA, SCNS, CPTE, CISSP)||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream with IT/Computer Science/ Similar||Pursue Certification Courses in Ethical Hacking (CEH, CCNA, SCNS, CPTE, CISSP)||–||–|
- Understanding of operating systems like Firefox, Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of programming languages like C, C++, Python, Ruby, etc.
- No particular qualification is necessary except for the certification in Ethical Hacking
- Graduation degree in Computer Science will be useful
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Understand the thinking pattern of a “criminal hacker” to work as an “ethical hacker”
- Check for vulnerabilities within a computer system of different organisations
- Formulate ways of protecting information of an organisation
- Communicate with the clients and deliver written reports on the work done
- Prepare documents for self on the work that has been done to keep a tab on the loopholes
- Be transparent to the clients while going through their computer systems
- Simulate breaches to network security of an organization and take steps to detect the potential areas of risk
- Conduct advanced evaluations to identify vulnerabilities in computer systems
- Have thorough knowledge on computers, tools, programming and networking
- Remain up to-date with the latest research work and incorporate them in your system