Special Education is a field dealing with specially planned methods for training, instruction and support for children with special requirements due to disabilities. Such disabilities may comprise physical disabilities, learning disabilities, behavioural problems and developmental disorders. The goal is to empower children with special requirements to positively cope with their disabilities education and develop their skills to the completest potential.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII in Any stream.
- Graduation – Pursue Bachelors in any discipline.
- After Graduation – Pursue Bachelors in Education/Special Education or Pursue Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Early Childhood Special Education/Special Education.
- After post-graduation – Pursue Masters in Special Education.
- MEd in Special Education
- MS in Education – Special Education
- D. in Literacy: Special Education
- D. in Literacy
- D. in Literacy: Educational Leadership
Who can hire?
Public schools, private schools, childcare centers and some teach in magnet, charter.
Special education teachers usually work in secondary or elementary schools with students with mental or physical disabilities. Teachers teach students course prospectus at each student’s pace and help students improve basic life skills, so they can function independently beyond the classroom. Special education teachers normally work on a permanent basis following the school district’s academic schedule. They are typically off during summer vacation and school holidays, but may have additional work or meetings to attend during the summer.