These include General Service Officer, Hydrographic Officer, Naval Armament Inspection Officer, Provost Officer, Pilot Officer, Observer Officer, Submarine Officer, Diver Officer, Law Officer, Logistic Officer, and Information Technology branch. This division of Indian Navy is responsible for working as well as fighting the ship, using it during wartime, prepare nautical charts for providing directions as well as planning attacks, be a part of naval onboard operations. Providing training for war in an effective manner, doing an underwater inspection of the ships to check for defects or repairs, legal needs, keep a track of what all is needed, development and maintenance of IT infrastructure in applications also come under the work designated to this branch of the Indian Navy.
This branch of Indian Navy opens gates for students interested in Engineering, General Services, Submarine Engineering, Naval Construction. They work with the submarines and are responsible for ensuring that they are in proper working state and are serviceable. They are also involved in the designing, construction, quality control, as well as repair of the naval vessels. Thus, this division deals majorly with ensuring that we have serviceable naval vessels in our dockyards which can defend the country as and when needed as well as are engrossed in ship building and making constant improvements in their design as well as performance and making them more efficient.
If a person is interested in training the youngsters of the nation and make them good Officers and Navy personnels, this is the division that helps in realizing this dream. By being a part of this division of Indian Navy, the person will be holding the responsibility of training the future Officers and sailors for the naval defense of the nation. They specialize in different fields and then train the students in their area of specialization.
Warships are just like mini cities which needs everything like people living on land require be that food, water, and even electricity. So this division of Indian Navy takes care of the electrical requirements of the warships. Underwater weapons, radar and radio communication, missile systems are also controlled by them along with computer controlled machinery. They are the ones who make sure that all these systems are performing at the peak level.
As a part of this division of Indian Navy, the professionals are responsible for taking care of the health of the servicemen and their families along with learning and practicing military medicines.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class 10+2 (PCM) or XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pass UPSC and clear NDA||–||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pass Indian Navy (sailor direct entry). (MER exam)55% or above in maths & science in class 10th and 55% or above in class 12th in maths & science. Preference given to student who have computer knowledge||–||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Graduation in Any Discipline (Open to pre-final year students if they have the required Certificate)||Pass the CDS UPSC Eligible to join through NCC Special Scheme Entry provided you have “C” Certificate||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pursue Diploma with 50% marks in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunications / Aeronautical or Ship Building / Instrumentation Engineering / Metallurgical / Polytechnic||Indian Navy Direct Enrty Artificer Apprentice Exam,||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Engineering Degree with 55% in Mechanical(Electronics and Telecommunication /Control Engineering equivalent qualification recognized by Institute of Engineers (India)||Indian Naval technical Exam for applying in Engineering, Electrical and Submarine branch) And SNAES||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Education Branch– 21- 25 yrs- Master’s degree with 55 % marks in Physics (with Maths in B.Sc) or Maths (with Physics in B.Sc).( (Women candidates having Chemistry with Physics as subsidiary at Degree levels are also eligible.)
|Apply for Indian Navy Law & Logistics Cadre exam to get enrolled as an Executive & JAG in Indian Navy.||–|
- One can appear for CDS while in final year of graduation as well. Most of these exams are conducted twice a year. Not all these exams are open for females.
- For NDA age range is 16.5 years to 19.5 years. NDA is open only to male, unmarried candidates. One needs to be a citizen of India or Nepal/Bhutan/Tibet refugee to apply. The Age range for entrances after graduation is 20-26 years. Minimum 60% aggregate in graduation is needed. Apart from educational criteria, physical as well as medical standards as set by Indian Navy should also be met to be eligible
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Act as deterrence against war or intervention
- Work towards security of India’s territorial integrity, citizens and off-shore assets from sea-borne threat
- Conduct mock drills, carry out anti-piracy operations and monitor international trade through water ways
- Influence security activities on land in coordination with concerned authorities/li>
- Protect India’s marine and maritime trade
- Reinforce defense relations with friendly States
- Be trained in domains like anti-submarine warfare, communications, gunnery, logistics, diving and hydrography
- Lead the crew on-board State-of-the-art warships
- Conduct under water inspection and repair of ships and other maritime assets