This section of the Indian Army is responsible for going on warfare and fight the enemy forces. These are the ones who are involved in confronting the enemy troops in the battlefield. These combat forces are trained in artillery, infantry, mechanized infantry, armor, operating weapons, territorial corps, defense security corps, pioneer corps. Divisions like Army Armored Corps, Infantry, Mechanized Infantry, and the Regiment of Artillery, Territorial Corps, come under this category of Indian Army. This is a demanding career with a lot of physical as well as mental stamina.
This division of the Indian Army includes the air observation units and protect the country’s Air Space from external attacks like enemy bombings, missiles, etc. In this way, they support other forces as well as other divisions of the Indian Army by guarding the weapons from foreign attacks and provide support to disaster relief, support ground units and work in different terrains, under diverse weather conditions.
Engineering and IT Unit
Corps of Engineer is one of the oldest arms of the Indian Army, which consists of three divisions: Combat Engineers, MES, and Border Roads. These are the ones who, during wartime, are engaged in the work of constructing bridges, helipads, laying land-mine fields, etc. They are also involved in constructing national highways, airfields, and buildings all over the country. The Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (EME) provide technical assistance and are responsible for the infusion of high and latest technology equipment’s into the army. Corps of signal are responsible for ensuring that there is electronic and information superiority so that our army can function in the most effective manner. They take care of the IT and Communication system of the Indian army.
Army Service Corps
This division of the Indian Army provides support and service to its other divisions. They do so by being involved in taking care of their health (Army Medical Corps, Army Dental Corps), taking care of logistics (Army Ordnance Corps), taking care of specialized and technical mandate of the animals used by army for various purposes (Remount and Vetenary Corps). They are also involved in training the future officers and soldiers so that they bring valor and laurels to the country (Army Education Corps), processing mails (Army Postal Corps), and providing them with fresh dairy products on a daily basis (Military Farm Services). They are the backbone of the Indian Army.
The work of this department incompases training the new recruited young officers to serve the nation in near future. Every department has education officer who specialize in particular field so as to train officers and give them career advise. Their work is to assess the education need of military staff and then design, develop and implement the modules accordingly.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XIIth from a well recognized board||Pass the National Defense Academy (NDA)in any stream||–||–|
|Clear Class XII in any field||Graduation in Any Discipline (Open to pre-final year students if they have the required Certificate)||Pass the CDS Exam||–|
|Clear Class XII in any field, and be part of your NCC Society in school fr NCC entry||Graduation in Any Discipline (Open to pre-final year students if they have the required Certificate), also be a part of your NCC society and hold ???C??? certitificate||Pass the CDS Exam Note: Eligible to join through NCC Special Scheme Entry provided you have “C” Certificate||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pursue Graduation in B.Tech/B.E / B.Tech (pre-final year)||Give the Technical graduate commission Exam to get enrolled in Indian Army Give the University entry scheme Exam to get enrolled in Indian Army if in Pre-final year of B.Tech/B.E||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Mathematics and Physics)||Pursue Graduation in L.L.B for 5-6 years||Give exam for JAG (Lawyer) to get enrolled in Indian Army||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream (Biology mandatory)||Complete you MBBS||Apply for Army Medical Corps – Short Service Commission||–|
- One can appear for CDS while in final year of graduation as well. Most of these exams are conducted twice a year.
- For NDA age range is 16.5 years to 19 years.
- NDA is open only to male unmarried candidates.
- One needs to be a citizen of India or Nepal/Bhutan/Tibet refugee to apply.
- Age range for entrances after graduation is 20-26 years.
- Minimum 60% aggregate in graduation is needed.
- Apart from educational criteria, physical as well as medical standards as set by Indian Army should also be met to be eligible.
- For TES, minimum aggregate of 70% in PCM is required.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Make a contribution towards nation building
- Support in maintaining internal security of the country
- Manage security interventions and secure the border
- Plan maneuvers, assign duties and communicate effectively with other staff
- Command, train and lead subordinate personnel
- Monitor the welfare and progress of new recruits
- Operate and maintain warfare systems, equipments and vehicles
- Take on specialist duties and skills such as engineering, air traffic control, training and administration
- Distribute equipment, resources and manpower as per instructions from superiors