[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WHAT ALL CAN I DO?” header_color=”#e88f1b”][/td_block_text_with_title]
Tax assistant is mainly an office-desk job in the excise department under the central government or the various state governments. Job responsibility involves assisting in calculation of taxes for the various goods produced in the country.
An inspector at the Excise is like a team leader of officers below his rank and he has searching, seizure and arrest powers if he thinks that any organization is not properly paying their taxes.
Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax
It is one of the highest entry level posts in the Excise Department. As an assistant commissioner, they are responsible for management of the personnel under him/her. These are only filled through Civil Service examinations unlike other posts which are filled though SSC exams.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with any stream||Graduation in any stream with minimum 55% marks||Clear Staff Selection Committee (Graduate level) Exam||–|
|Clear Class XII with any stream||Graduation in any stream with minimum 55% marks||Clear Civil services examination and fill preferences for IRS||–|
Graduation in any stream.
SSC as well as the civil services examination do not ensure a job in the customs department, one can only give his/her preference but it is still up to the selectors which services are you given a job in.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Advise business companies about statutory requirements and ensure their fulfilment
- Liaison with other government departments
- Maintain records through written reports
- Remain up to-date with legislative and statutory requirements
- Minimise administrative costs and improve policies
- Take notice of irregularities and take action against resistant businesses
- Supervise staff and provide feedback about performance
- Help in undertaking of business audits