Horticulture is most conservative arena of agriculture. It is an applied science which deals with attractive fruits, flowers and vegetables. Horticulturists are involved in the propagation and cultivation of plants with the purpose of improving their quality, growth, and yield, resistance to diseases and insects and nutritional value. At present, it is considered as one of the growing sectors in agriculture and is an important area to stimulate agricultural growth, because of fast changing food habits of the domestic populace towards more nutritious food, and growing external demand.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII in Science Stream with PCB/PCM (English is mandatory)
- Graduation – Pursue B.Sc. Horticulture (Hons.)
- After Graduation – Pursue M.Sc. Horticulture (Hons.)
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Horticulture
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Horticulture
- Postgraduate Diploma in Horticulture and Landscape Gardening
- Sc. Ag. – Horticulture (Floriculture and Landscaping)
Who can hire?
Interior Plants capes, Ecological restoration and management, Landscape Service Providers, Green Decors.
Horticulture is a field that holds plenty scope. Whether you need to be part-time or full-time horticulturist, whether you have your personal piece of land or not, you can go for this line and make a decent living out of it. Advances in horticultural technology, growing product demands, and a rising export industry are making this a very lucrative career. In this field Jobs are being created in journalism and research Center, in public and private sectors.